Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thank God it's Monday !

I don't know whether you believe me if I said that I never felt having any "Monday Blues" at all.
Yes it is true! or at least I really don't remember having it.

To me personally I love Monday! Why?? simply because it is the start of the week, it is a fresh beginning, a new chapter and no matter how bad my previous week was.. I can always make it a better one today!

Here 5 things that I can suggest to you to make sure that have a FANTASTIC MONDAY ! (or at least you won't have Monday Blues)

1. Use your favorite song as an alarm (use it for Monday only)
You will definitely feel recharge when you wake up in the morning.
For me I like the song "The Power", it's the song in the 90's sang by Snap. Everytime I hear the music, somehow I just feel energized! Very empowering.



2. Wake up earlier than normal day, so that you are not so rushed and you can give yourself more time to prepare the day to be your perfect day.
Trust me, the last thing you want is you wake up late and rush to office with the "just woke up - look"




3. Wear your best clothes.
Amazed your boss, your colleagues, your neighbours with your best look.
For me, I spend more time on Monday to make sure I look good; wear my favorite clothes, (or if I buy a new clothes over the weekend, normally I'll wear it on Monday), get a fabulous make up and hairdo, spray nice perfume, and get ready with a perfect SMILE :) Maybe that's why normally my colleagues & staff always said I look great on Monday! hahahha... *grin*

4. Get yourself busy with activities.
I need to packed my Monday with tons of activities, because I need to get the sense of achievement. Starting from some meetings in the morning, help my mentees during our regular coaching sessions, strategic meeting in the afternoon, giving training in the late afternoon.. and the list goes on. To me, the feeling of "I'm doing something useful today" is very important to set my week right. It is a MUST !

5. Give yourself a reward for going through a Great Day
Finally, you have successfully gone thru the very important day, which is the first day of the week. You definitely deserve some good treat. Get yourself a nice dinner with your loved ones, or chill out with your friends, watch some DVD, anything! as long as it make you feel happy :)
For me, I'm always looking forward to this. My favorite one.. is to end the day with a nice supper with my loving husband and chat about how lucky we are to be able to still enjoy today, and of course we'll also plan on what we want to do for the rest of the week :)

Well, that 5 things that I just told you works for me to make my Monday a
"Merry Monday"



And I'm really curious to know whether it works for you also.
Do drop me a message or leave a comments

In the meantime..
May you have a Terrific Tuesday tomorrow!

Love,
Merry Riana

No comments:

Post a Comment