What is a secret of success?
Well, if there is an answer to that I think the answer will be one word called: HABIT.
Successful people are successful because they form the habits of doing those things that failures don't like to do.
Is it a good news or a bad news? It is definitely a good news ! because forming a good habit actually it is not as difficult as it seems.
We all know that your habits will form your futures. And if you do not deliberately form good habits, unconsciously you will form bad ones. You are the kind of person you are because you have formed the habit of being that kind of person. The only way you can change is through habit.
Maybe you are not even aware of them but if you are not quite living up to your full capabilities, the chances are that bad habit or lack of good habits are slowing you down. If that’s how it is with you, it’s time to change bad habits to good.
When I first started my entrepreneurship journey I was in the sales industry. And I couldn't agree more that having a daily good habit has brought me to be where I am today.
When I was still doing sales, I listed down 5 things that I MUST do daily.
1. Plan my work - my whole one year work. Then I'll break it down to month, week, and eventually daily work. I will plan exactly how to reach my goal
2. I must do a sufficient number of sales presentations each day to real prospects.
3. I must have, use regularly, a procedure that produces a sufficient number of real prospects.
4. I must record my activities and results and analyze them regularly in order to learn how to improve them.
5. I must continually upgrade myself. Read and study regularly and systematically and try to keep pace with changes in then business and in human needs.
If you work in sales, I understand that your job definitely requires you to do prospecting, preparation of cases, client servicing, travel, office details, business lunches and dinners (sometimes breakfast too), and many others.
Depending on individual, some of these activities are more enjoyable than others. There is a normal tendency to concentrate on those that are pleasant, but if we don’t get the most from our other activities as well, that one particularly enjoyable duty will not be as profitable as it should be.
I think not only in sales industry, but every other business and every other activity in our lives requires organization. In your own home, for example, you know that your children don’t go to school simply when they feel like it, or when it is convenient for them to do so. They go on schedule.
So, write down a list of good habits that you want to have to replace your old ones. And start doing it today. I know in the beginning it's not going to be easy, but if you really follow thru, your new habits will work wonders for you. I guarantee !