Friday, July 17, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: Jakarta bomb blasts hit JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton Hotel

I landed at Changi Airport, Singapore at 1 am this morning. Feel good to be home again. After I unpacked my stuff, took shower, prepared milk for my baby and put her to sleep I then have a good rest for myself.

I wake up this morning, and as usual, first thing that I always do every time I woke up is to turn on my TV to Channel News Asia. To my surprise, I heard a breaking news saying that Jakarta is bombed ! At first I thought I was dreaming or I must heard wrongly because it has been quite a while since there were bombs in Jakarta, but unfortunately what I heard is true.

The first suicide bomb happened in J.W Marriot Hotel at 7.48am local time.
I held my wedding banquet exactly at that hotel back in 2004. It was 1 year after the Marriott bombing incident in 2003. At that time I thought that was the safest hotel because even if there was bombing incident again, the person who did it definitely won't target the same place for the 2nd time.

Now they prove me wrong. Never in my imagination that the same incident can happen again at the same location, 6 year later. This time, not only they attacked J.W Marriott, but they also attacked nearby hotel, Ritz Carlton. Only heartless and insane people dare to do this non-human things.

Here actually the video taken from the CCTV (Surveillance Camera) at the hotel, just before the bombing happened.
There was one guy wearing full black jacket and hat (cannot really see his face) with a big suitcase went to the restaurant, and few seconds after that the restaurant exploded.



If you watch the video closely, you should feel that there was oddness in the video.
The big question is: Why the CCTV is following that guy ever since he walked from the hotel corridor to the hotel lobby to the restaurant? Did they already suspect the guy?

I also have no answer for that.


My deepest sympathies go out to the victims and their families of this tragic incident.
I really hope that this thing will never happen again.

Love,
Merry Riana
http://www.merryriana.com.sg/
www.facebook.com/merry.riana

No comments:

Post a Comment