Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Favorite Food

For those of you who knows me personally.
This question is for you ! (see whether you can get it correctly)

What is my most favorite food?
a. Chicken
b. Prawn
c. Mutton
d. Beef
e. Pork

The answer to the above question is
(please scroll down if you want to know the answer)












B. Prawn :)

I don't eat Mutton, Beef, Pork, Duck, etc. It's not because of I am a vegetarian nor religion things. I can actually eat everything, but it just that I don't really like the 'meaty' kind of taste and texture, that's why most of the time I eat just seafood or a little bit of chicken.

My husband always says that I missed all the good food in the world.. but I respectfully disagree, because I just think that seafood (especially prawn and crab) taste so much better than meat (and it is definitely healthier also)

So, today I decided to share with you more about my favorite prawn dish.
Best things that I have had so far:

1. Shrimp steamed in beer with garlic @ Bubba Gump



This is my favorite one even until today. Available at Bubba Gump. Best shrimp I ever taste. I first knew it during my trip to Hawaii in 2006. The shrimp steamed in beer to tender perfection and served with aromatic Bubba Gump’s garlic spice. Excellent !! I really missed it a lot, but too bad still didn't manage to have it again because most of the Bubba Gump Restaurants are located in US. The nearest one to Singapore is in Bali. Maybe this year I will make a trip there :)

2. Cereal Prawn




My favorite cereal prawn is the one sold at one of the seafood restaurant at Paris Ris Pond. (I can't remember the name of the place, my secretary recommended it to me few years back)

3. Steamed prawn with garlic sauce @ No Sign Board


Wow!! I just had this today for dinner. I was eating at No Sign Board, my all time favorite seafood restaurant. The prawn is just so fresh !


4. Cold Water Prawn @ Ikea




It is fresh and sweet (and sour, if you squeeze the lemon on top of it). You must eat it while it is still cold, fresh from the fridge. Every time I go to Ikea, I surely MUST have this meal.


5. Prawn Satay @ Lau Pa Sat

.


Although it cost $2 per stick, but I just can't stop eating it. My favorite stall is the satay stall no 3 & 4.


6. Salted egg prawn @ Crystal Jade

Super delicious. The coating its actually the yolk of the salted egg. So yummy !!

Haha.. writing this post make me feel so hungry :) I guess I better go to sleep right now. In the mean time, if you know some good eating place that sell super yummy shrimp / prawn dishes, do let me know, okie :)

Love,

Merry Riana
http://www.merryriana.com.sg/
www.facebook.com/merry.riana

No comments:

Post a Comment