Saturday, July 4, 2009

Merry Riana's Dream Book

I'm in the midst of preparing for my organization's annual goal setting (6th - 8th July 2009)
I decided to take a break for a while and write my blog instead :)


Let me ask you this question.


How many of us had set a goal or new year's resolution back in January this year?


I bet 8 out of 10 people reading my blog will say yes.

Either is to get more money, be smarter, look prettier, lose weight, get company's award, have boyfriend/girlfriend, travel to exotic countries, read more books, etc. We always do the same thing every year, which is set our goal.



But how many of us have diligently follow our goal closely? or even worse, how many of us still remember what our goals are?


It's July, we're halfway through the year, and this is the perfect time to reassess our goals.

I know it might sound tedious and boring, but if you are really serious about achieving your goals, this is definitely an important step.


To me, goal setting can be very exciting :)
I have so many things that I can share with you on how to make the process of goal setting more fun and more effective. The most important of all is:



Write down your goal


This is a MUST !! If you fail to do this one very simple thing you will fail to achieve your goals. writing your goal is important because by doing so it forces you to visualize your goals. On top of that by externalizing it and put it down on paper it creates a commitment on your part.


To make it more fun, create a DREAM BOOK. I had mine since year 2000, and I'm still updating it even until today.


If you are curious to see how does Merry Riana's Dream Book look like?
well.. here it is....






It's just a simple sketch book, but inside are full of pictures of things that I wanted to have in life, things that I wanted to achieve in life, and many more. On top of that I also write down verses or quotes that means a lot to me through out my journey in pursuing my dream. Every time I open and look at the picture or read what I wrote there, I ALWAYS feel energized and motivated.


That's exactly the purpose of this DREAM BOOK, to give you energy and excite you every time you see it.

Here's another page of my dream book




I pasted that cute little baby picture in year 2007. And I pasted Tom Cruise's daughter Suri because I wanted to have a cute baby :) And you know what? Amazingly, I year after that, I got pregnant and have a little angel in my life, her name is Alvernia.




So you see how powerful it is !!

If you don’t already have one, I strongly encourage you to go out and buy the best, brightest and most appealing sketch book you can find. This dream book can become your planning space, your anchor, your bright ideas holder, your dream catcher, your source of inspiration and your celebration place. Do update it regularly and read it often.

In my next few post, I will give you more tips about how to do your goal setting in more fun and effective ways.

In the mean time, have fun with your dream book ! ;)

Love,
Merry Riana
http://www.merryriana.com.sg/
www.facebook.com/merry.riana

3 comments:

  1. hi, i like ur dream book, previously i asked a question, where do u normally put/keep the dream book? to keep yourself motivated? your baby's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thank you for your compliment :) Where do I put my dream book? It is just right beside my bed. I make it very accessible anytime I want to grab and get inspiration from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got three things to thank you for:
    1. Thanks for reminding me about evaluating my goals. I actually had it posted on the wall so I can see everything. Got pre-occupied lately. Need to take a look again...Even wrote about it so I become more accountable in accomplishing everything.
    2. For introducing the concept of "Dream Book". It's not yet late. I can still start work on that.
    3. For the inspiration...You're stories are truly amazing and one can draw courage and determination from them...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete