Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Magic Eye - Very interesting

While I was searching through my small library at home just now, I found my very old book, Title: Magic Eye. I Bought this book many years ago, it is actually a compilation of 3D illustration.

Many years back, when I was still in Primary 6, I remembered I was so amused with this new things called 3D illustration. From far it actually looks like a normal picture but if you see clearly there is a three dimensional image hidden within the two dimensional pattern.

At that time, it was the 'in' things, so almost in every shopping centre in Jakarta have a shop who sold painting and picture of it. And the price for every painting is very expensive, so I remembered sometimes I can just stay inside the shop for hours, looking at their collections and try to 'solve' the mystery by finding the hidden image.

Initially it took me a long time to figure it out, but after some practice it only took me a few seconds for me to see the hidden image (not bad, huh?). After a while, it became very addictive for me, once I managed to solved one picture, I keep wanted to solve more and more.

Well, I actually took a few picture of few pages from the book to show it to you guys.
Let's see whether you can see the 3D image hidden within the picture.

Picture 1



If you think I'm bluffing you, I'm not.
There is actually really a 3D image hidden inside.

If you can't see it, I will try to guide you.
In order for you to 'see' the picture, 2 things must happen:

1. You must get one eye to look at the point in the image, while the other eye looks at the same point in the next pattern.

2. You must hold your eyes in that position long enough for the marvelous structures in your brain to decode the 3D info.

You can follow this method:

Hold the image right up to your nose. (Ignore those people who might be tempted to make comments about you) It should be blurry. Let your eyes relax and focus as though you are looking through the image into the distance. Very slowly move the image away from your face, perhaps an inch every 2 or 3 seconds. Keep looking through the page. Stop and comfortable reading distance and keep staring. Soon you'll see the hidden image magically appear. Once you perceive the hidden image and depth, you can look around the entire 3D image. The longer you look, the clearer the illusion becomes. The farther away you hold the page, the deeper it becomes.

Here I upload a few more photo that I took from the book for you to practice. If you manage to see 'something' do drop me a message or leave a comment and tell me what did you see.

I'll give you the correct answer by end of this week. That means, you have 3 days to solve it

Good Luck!


Picture 2


Picture 3





Picture 4


Picture 5



Picture 6


Love,
Merry Riana
http://www.merryriana.com.sg/
www.facebook.com/merry.riana

5 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures!

    I've been trying to see the hidden 3D image from picture 1. It took me almost 15 mins, finally I saw something. Not so clear, but it looks like an animal with a big head. Not sure whether it is correct or just my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've try my best to figure out the pictures, but still can see anything :(
    But I'm going to guess the 5th picture whether is correct or not. Give it a try, I think it could be a human being face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hai ci merry, salam kenal, sy dedy. Ini kali pertama sy singgah di blog cc. Smoga sy bisa banyak belajar dr cc lewat blog ini.
    Bagus artikel ini, menghibur dan melatih mataku :) Sy coba jawab ya.

    Pic 1. Something strange, and I saw in the left n right, looks like a coconut tree (maybe...:D)
    Pic 2. Love with .... (I don't know what is that, something strange too :p)
    Pic 3. I can't see it, my monitor is too dark :p
    Pic 4. Dolphin with a treasure
    Pic 5. An acrobat dolphin
    Pic 6. AND MY NEXT TRICK..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with Dedy said. Most of my answer similar to his, but some picture I got it differently.

    My answer:
    Pic 1. Big Rock
    Pic 2. An Angel
    Pic 3. Either butterfly, bird or UFO (Something flying, but not very clear)
    Pic 4. Dolphin with a trasure
    Pic 5. Acrobat dolphin
    Pic 6. It's a sentence saying: "AND MY NEXT TRICK ..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear all,

    Well done !! you guys almost guess it correctly.
    Will reveal the answers by this Sunday :)

    For Benjamin and Noviyanti, don't give up! keep trying :)

    For Dedy, welcome to my blog! glad that you can learn things from here.

    And for Ming Hui, out of 6 you got 4.5 answers correct :)

    ReplyDelete